23 February 2014

This Week's Eats

Jessica Lynn Writes
chalkboards and meal ideas with Jessica Lynn

Hey, who wants to see what's up in our kitchen this week?

That cutie on the left is my hilarious niece.
I know, it's cool as Jessica's chalkboard-thingy, but I'm going to admit right here right now that I. hate. chalk. So messy. Never can find the eraser. Makes that horrible noise. Gets your hands all dirty.

Dry-erase it is!

Sunday: Leftover Pizza. On my monthly meal plan, this was supposed to be something else. But circumstances changed, we attended a funeral yesterday, and last night B's dad bought pizza and invited some other relatives over. We have enough left for dinner tonight.

Monday: Chicken Pot Pie. Using the recipe in my Betty Crocker book. The pie-crusts are frozen ones, since my mom bought some at Thanksgiving and we didn't use them all (I make my apple pie crusts from scratch, thankyouverymuch). So they need to be used, and I want some CPP. (My first job was a waitress at a chicken place and that's how we abbreviated that order on our notepads. p.s. I was a terrible waitress.)

Tuesday: Leftover CPP. Hopefully we'll have enough left. If not, then it's hot dogs all around.

Wednesday: Homemade Macaroni & Cheese. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect recipe. I have cheddar and some gouda in my arsenal. Feel free to point me to the right direction in the comments! (Update: I used the recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook, using half cheddar and half gouda, then added a crumb topping. It was great!)

Thursday: Leftovers. Probably mac & cheese leftovers, but we'll just raid everything in there. 

Friday: Whatever + Martinis. Oh, I am soooooo excited about this weekend. B has Drill Weekend and is taking Cora with him so my in-laws can "rent-a-tot" for a few days. That mean I get to pretend I have no responsibilities from Friday night to Sunday afternoon! I might just eat some freezer taquitos or something, but I also got invited to a Mama's Night Out at a martini bar downtown through a group I've joined. 

Saturday: Soup From a Can. You don't even want to know how excited I am to just eat a can of soup and not care. It's ridiculous, really.

Desserts & Snacks: I really need to bust out these Homemade Protein Bars once again (especially for the husband to put in his lunchbox), and I have just a bit of cookie dough left in our fridge from something else. I'll wait to make those until the weekend. :-) I also have coupons for free fro-yo, a free Snickers bar, and a free small pizza (from the gas station) that need to be used. This weekend is gonna be grand.


This week I'm also partaking in the challenge at Conversion Diary to do 7 Posts in 7 Days. I usually only post once or twice a week, so this is a huuuuuuuge stretch for me! There of course will be link-ups, but maybe more 'real' content, too. And hey, the 7th day of it is Sunday so I'll have my entire month meal plan for March to share.


8 comments:

  1. Homemade Macaroni & Cheese - Someone in #CathSorority made and linked to this recipe a few months ago and I made it a few weeks ago and it came out GREAT! I was kind of skeptical to using cheese soup but it made it really creamy. You may want to half the recipe though it made A TON!

    Supposedly you can buy chalkboard markers for chalkboards....i'm that crazy person throwing a chalkboard themed party next month ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal plan sounds awesome to me this week... and, I totally get the soup in the can/simple dinner! lol! I have only made mac & cheese the homemade route once and it has been YEARS! I have kids so I have NO idea why I haven't tried making them from scratch... I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Whatever and martinis" hahaha awesome! If you find a good homemade mac 'n cheese recipe, let me know..nothing beats a restaurant version (or Velveeta).

    Oh! And my husband found "no dust" chalk and a "no dust" eraser....it's awesome and there's really no dust, I'm impressed! He also found this little chalk holder thing, so when you write with it, you're not actually holding the chalk! We tried the markers, but it didn't work well on our board (it soaked through and wouldn't erase).

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always searching for the perfect mac & cheese. The one I made last week was as good as I've found. Let me know how this one turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how excited you are for canned soup. I was resting on the couch this afternoon and had a crazy-odd craving for Ramen noodles. Sometimes canned soup and ramen just hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best thing about this menu: Martinis. lol!! ANd thank you for the protein bar recipe! I was looking for one to make some for the family! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Martinis!!! Here's my mac & cheese recipe that we all love! With your gouda, you could fancy things up and use penne or "larger" noodles since it's a main course dish: http://katiekateskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/12/healthy-mac-n-cheese.html

    ReplyDelete