Yes, I know it's "Pi Day" but this day is infinitely better because of my Mops and Pops. 33 years today!
|Can't you see where I get my dashing good looks from??|
I haven't talked about my parents on the blog much, so why not do a highlight reel?
- The outgoing one
- Bank Examiner for the Federal Government for over 30 years (yes, she has a badge!)
- our Girl Scout leader for many, many years
- #3 out of 6 kids
- Always been a working mom, and has almost always been able to "do it all"
- Hometown: Lakeland, FL (by way of a few military towns first)
- Moved to Atlanta for her job
- The reserved one
- Independent Insurance Agent; works in a tiny old building in the center of a cute little town
- Loves the Atlanta Braves
- 4th Degree Knight of Columbus
- Always been a working dad, but did a lot of the picking up/dropping off/making dinner when we were young
- Has a gabillion siblings (8? 9? I keep losing count) and 20 gabillion cousins
- Hometown: Utica, NY
- Moved to Atlanta for college (has other family members in Georgia)
- 100% Lebanese and taught me all the Arabic I know (which is, like, 3 words)
- Met at a Halloween party--Mom was dressed as Raggedy Ann and Dad was a cowboy (or so the story goes)
- Will drop anything to help friends or family (or family of friends or friends of family)
- Dad calls Mom at 8pm sharp every night when she's away for work (which is often)
- Will definitely come to your party as long as they don't have a conflict
- Expert road-trippers
- Love their kids and grandkids!
They only raised 2 kids, but they now have 3 grandkids with 2 more on the way soon! (And hopefully more from me later.)
|Our little family of 4 has blossomed into a soon-to-be a dynsasty of 11 (once my sister's twins are born)|