21 March 2011

music monday: workout music

Now I haven't been to Zumba class a ton of times, but sometimes I like going just for the awesome music! I love it.  Most of the time I can't really sing along because I'm too busy working up a sweat, but this song caught my attention last at last week's class.  And all you need to understand it is about a semester of high school Spanish class, so that's a major bonus for me.




In case you know nothing about Spanish, it means "Let's go to the beach; I like to dance; the rhythm of the night."  
The rest is in English, just for you.

I'm pretty sure there a few versions of this song, but this is definitely the one I heard in Zumba last week.  I looked up who this Loona gal in the bikini is, since I figured she's some big South American pop star or whatever.  Nope, she's from the Netherlands!  (Her website is in German, it looks like.)  But she teamed up with DJ Sammy in Spain early in her career and hopped on the Latin-dance-pop train.  I find this incredibly weird, but also pretty cool.

It's already beach weather here in north Florida (although I think the water is still cold), so here's my new windows-down anthem!

Link your song up, or just go hear some new stuff, at Goodnight Moon

9 comments:

  1. I love zumba!!! My class meets today, but I scheduled an eye appointment weeks ago that's at the same time :( I'm so sad to miss class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I am sooooo ready for beach weather, but the weather is still up and down here in Va. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to zumba but hear all this awesome stuff about it. I am scared I won't know what the heck is going on and be the awkward one who messes up all the steps or can't handle it. Maybe if I find a zumba for beginners?

    AWESOME song though! Definitely a windows rolled down jam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! For the record, I've never had the guts to go to an actual Zumba class--but I do have Wii Zumba and am a big fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna do a zumba class! But you can't laugh at me if you watched me. Seriously! It would be so much fun to do....and what an upbeat song to make you shake your groove on!

    Thanks for linking up my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good time to have a beach/dance party :) i love it...very catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK now I miss Zumba! I got the zumba dance party game for PS3 as a Christmas present, maybe its time to break that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This song is fun! Definitely makes me want to move.

    Yeah a little weird that she is from the netherlands but singing in spanish....oh well she sounds good doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! I need to Zumba! And your right, very basic Spanish there. Lol

    ReplyDelete