20 December 2010

a public service announcement

THERE IS NO "E" IN SANTA CLAUS.

See, there was this cute little movie that came out when most of us were impressionable little 4th graders.  I won't go into explaining the storyline, but I want you to know the title is a pun.  Yes, a PUN.  Thank you, Tim Allen, for screwing up the spelling for an entire generation.

See how the "E" is hanging off over there in a different color?  Yeah, that's important. 

In addition, the correct phrase is FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES.  There's no such thing as intensive purpose.  And if you think there is, I don't want to hear about it.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

4 comments:

  1. LOL i've never seen "intensive purpose" but I think I would laugh out loud if I saw someone spell it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! Thanks for making that clear. I think it needs to go on a billboard so something:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there's a BIG difference between EFFECTING something and AFFECTING something! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this post makes me incredibly old. And I'm sure with effort there could be such a thing as intensive purpose.

    ReplyDelete