31 December 2012

12 in '12

I linked up with this last year, and feel like it was a nice quick reflection on the past year. Even though I don't really follow these bloggers, I had fun reading other people's posts!

12. Favorite movie you watched: Okay, so you want to know how many movies I saw in a theater in 2012? Try ZERO. And I think I only watched maybe three movies on TV/computer too. So instead, I will respond with Legally Blonde: The Musical which I got to see performed back in the summer (a friend of mine played the keyboards in the pit orchestra). It was great! If you're a fan of the movie, you should definitely see it!
11. Favorite TV series: It's still The Amazing Race, but I want to mention a show that definitely deserves more attention. ABC's The Middle. Hilarious. Sue is my favorite. (Also, it's set in Indiana with an occasional mention of my husband's hometown.)
10. Favorite restaurant: Hopjacks in Pensacola for their brie dip. I made sure to go there on our last night in town! As for Fort Wayne, I'm still exploring . . . but I already kinda miss Waffle House.
9. Favorite new thing you tried: Motherhood? Is that a cop-out answer? I guess the other thing would be parasailing. It was so peaceful.

8. Favorite gift you got: B got me a heater for "Christmas" but we started using it the day he brought it home (about 2 weeks before the holiday). Our bedroom is over our garage, our central heat is seemingly inefficient, and this space heater is the best present ever.
7. Favorite thing you pinned: Chicken taco soup. We need to make this again, stat!
6. Favorite blog post: It's my second most-read post, the Birth of Cora Elizabeth. (If you're wondering, my most-read post is my Homemade Protein Bars--thanks, Pinterest!)
5. Best accomplishment: Still breastfeeding! We definitely had our issues in the beginning, but we will make it to a year!
4. Favorite picture:
My brother-in-law took some pics for us at Thanksgiving, and this one is a favorite
As for pictures that I took, this one from July still cracks me up:


3. Favorite memory: Probably my birthday, even though most of the day had nothing to do with me. Celebrating someone else's accomplishments, which took my entire 28 years to happen, was much more enjoyable than just another birthday.
2. Goal for 2013: Make Cora's "first year" book. And finish the wedding album for my mom! (Only 3 years late now, sorry Mom!) Other than that, I'm not much into resolutions. We're looking into buying a new car for B and a house(!), so who knows what 2013 will hold? If anything, I'd like to go on more date nights. We've had TWO in the past 11 months.
1. One Little Word: Faith. I think that's a good focus for my family and myself in 2013.

3 comments:

  1. Your family pic at #4 is amazing! Love it so :) This post is a really good idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick LOVES Sue too! He thinks she's hilarious. My husband really channels the dad minus the interest in sports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the family picture! David and I are going to parasail as a farewell to Va Beach whenever we leave. I can't wait to try it out. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete