I don't think I could've asked for a better pregnancy. Seriously. I'm 35 weeks along, and most nights I don't even have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. That might change when she drops, but I'll deal with that later. The first trimester remains the worst part of this so far, and I didn't even throw up then.
I told someone the other day that this is going "better than textbook." All of those "par for the course" pregnancy woes that I'm mostly not experiencing. If I wasn't feeling her move and kick all the time, I'd probably be concerned. But everything is great. I had an appointment today and found out that she's head-down for now, so let's hope she stays that way!
I've had fun tracking my stats every Wednesday (sometimes Thursdays, sometimes I forgot). Here's a graph of my weight gain and another of my stomach circumference. I love me some graphs!
|I've gained 27 pounds so far and am not ashamed!|
|I'm almost 40" around!!|
Some fun things I've gotten to figure out:
- Clipping my toenails. Luckily, it doesn't have to be done that often, but it's not easy! My fingernails are growing at an alarming rate. I've had people say this is due to prenatal vitamins, but I think that's bologna. I took prenatal vitamins when I wasn't pregnant and there was no difference.
- My hair isn't falling out as quickly. I have a ton of hair and used to lose a lot of hair every time I washed it, and for most of this pregnancy it's only been a few strands. My mom told me that about 6 weeks after the birth, I better be ready for tons of it to fall out!
- Working out has gotten a lot harder. Climbing the stairs to the office I volunteer in winds me. My usual elliptical routine takes a lot more out of me than I'm used to. I'm definitely toning it down now and just trying to keep the endurance up.
- Setting up the nursery. Holy cow. This took us 2 days of just sorting through all the clothes and gifts we had gotten. We're only missing maybe two semi-crucial items (like a trash can/diaper pail).
- Speaking of dipes, I got my first order of cloth diapers in the mail! I found a pretty good Black Friday sale online at this site--I had been tracking prices of the covers I plan to use. I now own 3 covers (all are different brands), a cute giraffe cloth pail liner, a small wetbag, and some other cloth essentials. I haven't had to buy any prefolds because both diaper cakes that were given to me used cloth! I think they're just generic Gerber ones, but I'm gonna try them out first before buying any more. I was also given a ton of leftover size 1 disposables from my sister and tons of normal wipes and washcloths/wipes from everyone under the sun, so hopefully we'll be set for a bit. I do have my eye on some other cloth stuff too, and have been doing my darndest to win some of it in giveaways.
- Labor plan. You wanna know my plan? It's called "wait and see." I have nothing against epidurals, but if I'm able to do this all on my own with no drugs, then hooray for me! If not, whatever. B and I took the "Childbirth Preparation" course offered by our hospital, so this is all starting to sink in that it's actually gonna happen!
And of course I couldn't leave you without some belly pics! Here's an overview of how I've progressed. I seriously do no feel as huge as that last pictures makes me look, and everyone I know keeps telling me that my belly is "cute and small." Not sure if I believe them!
|The very last picture was taken Saturday morning (12/17)|
In 2 weeks I'll be considered "full term," but I'm hoping to make it to 39 weeks because it's best for baby. I am ready to meet her soon though!