02 June 2014

30 and Wordy

I woke up to a new decade yesterday morning. I am officially not a twenty-something any more. I turned 30!

Ten years ago, I celebrated my 20th birthday in Verona, Italy, with a wine tasting event, a double scoop of gelato, and 50 people I would probably never see again once the summer was over. Things have only gotten better.

As for this year, I spent Saturday at my in-laws' lake house, and they got a cake for me and sang. No candles, but it was a nice touch. We'll be going out to eat later this week to celebrate. Yesterday was mostly a pretty typical Sunday, with a nice mass where we blessed the graduates. I then went on my annual "freebie-spree" which I will share more about later this week.
And this is what I wore, hanging out with St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and friends.
Dress from NY&Co., cardigan Old Navy, shoes ??
Cora is wearing an Indiana University dress
I think I have decided that my favorite way to celebrate my birthday is to celebrate other people's achievements. Last night I reminisced about all of the birthdays in my 20's and one of my favorites was my 28th. That day was mostly in celebration of B's Captain and his retirement. My 26th also stands out, since it was 3 days after my sister's wedding. I stayed in town with my folks (B was deployed), went to Stone Mountain, and we had leftover wedding cake that my nephew and I decorated.

One thing that has been bothering me, though, is that I cannot for the life of me remember what I did on my 25th birthday. I remember all the other ones going back to 18. There are no pictures on Facebook, no real memories pieced together from either B or myself. All I know is it was a Monday and I went to work. I'm guessing I went out to lunch with people, but that's all I've got. Maybe I went to the beach the day before? Oh well, I guess it's not too bad to have some mysteries left in my life.
My wedding necklace, made by my aunt
If you want to read about my last 3 birthdays, they're on the blog!
27th
28th
29th


Linking up with FL&P

4 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday! I hope you have an awesome dinner this week celebrating! Sounds like you had quite the blessed birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you again!!! Your remember more birthdays than I do from the time I was 20 to 26. Really the only ones that stand out are 21, 23 (but for crappy reasons...that was the day David left for boot camp), 24, and 26 birthdays. I'll certainly remember 27 though, because that is the day David's active duty contract ends!!! :) Also I love your dress! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy and Blessed Birthday! I have found that 30 life is wonderful! :D I hope you have a wonderful dinner out celebrating. :)

    I just signed up for a Ting account through your link in your earlier blog post, so I hope you'll use the would-have-been-bill-money to splurge on something for yourself. :D Think of it as a birthday gift of sorts, if you will. :)

    I pray that your 30th year is full of blessings for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - happy birthday! glad i found another person sharing June 1st birthday! and from FW too :)
    new ff here. :)

    disisd.com

    ReplyDelete