19 September 2013

5 Favorites: TV Edition

For today's 5 Favorites, I'm going to share 5 TV season premieres I'm looking forward to in the next week!

Linking up with Moxie Wife (day late, dollar short)

1.
The Amazing Race

I started watching this show a few years back, and I got hooked. It's definitely less catty than other reality shows (sometimes), and I usually latch on to a team to cheer for until they get eliminated--or race to the finish! Plus, I sorta get to 'see the world' with them. (B says that he could never be a contestant because they mostly just see in the insides of airports. He has a point, when you think about it. They do hurry up and wait a lot. But at least we don't have to watch that part.)

Season 23 premieres Sunday, Sep. 29 at 8pm EST on CBS.

2.
The Middle

Y'all, this show is hilarious. It's set in some fictional Indiana town, so of course it hits home. The mom sorta reminds me of my mother-in-law. The best character, however, is the middle child, Sue. Seriously, watch it and you can't help but root for her. Brick, the youngest, is growing on me, and I think he's B's favorite because he loves the 'Brick whisper.'

I've been watching this show since way before we knew we'd be living here in Indiana, but I've now decided that someone in the writers' circle has ties to Fort Wayne. There is a road I drive almost every day that is dedicated to a police officer named Eryk Todd Heck (Heck is the last name of the family in the series), and a former mayor of Fort Wayne was named Harry Baals (an episode last season involved the oldest child campaigning for a politician because he was named Harry Butts).

Season 5 premieres Wednesday, Sep. 25 at 8pm on ABC.

3.
Modern Family

There's a reason this show has won so many Emmy's. It's just plain awesome. The cast is top-notch, and the writing is good. I love some of the takes on parenting, since that's where I'm at in life. My favorite gem, thus far:
Raising a kid is like sending a rocket ship to the moon. You spend the early years in constant contact and then one day, around the teenage years, they go around the dark side and they're gone. All you can do is wait for that faint signal that says they're coming back. 
And BOTH Sofia Vergara and Julie Bowen are beautiful and hilarious, two things I aspire to be.

Season 5 premeires on Wedensday, Sep. 25 at 8pm on ABC.

4.
The Big Bang Theory

I think the fact that B's 84-year-old grandma enjoys this show says everything.

Season 7 premieres Thursday, Sep. 26 at 8pm on CBS.

5.
Shark Tank

Wouldn't it be neat to be one of the sharks (most of them self-made millionaires) and get to decide on new products to invest in? Plus, I just love seeing some of the more wacky ideas out there. This is a perfect Friday night show.

Season 5 premieres Friday, Sep. 20 at 9pm on ABC.

-----
I think I just gave you a pretty good taste of my TV-watching habits. Obviously no crime dramas, no medical dramas, no "train wreck" reality shows. I just like to laugh and learn stuff--and we don't have cable, Netflix, Hulu Plus, or even a real antenna. Two other shows I love that have already premiered are The Chew on ABC and Project Runway on Lifetime.

Are any of your favorites on my list?

4 comments:

  1. I do know that it takes them about 3 months to film The Amazing Race. When the Gameshow Network picked it up one summer we were super into the show and they had a website that showed the actual dates the route took place. It was pretty interesting since it felt like it didn't take that long from what was shown on TV.

    I LOVE The Middle!! I always feel so bad for Sue and want things to work out for her (eventually). I also like Brick and the "Brick Whisper."

    I love the Big Bang Theory! I even bought the "Soft Kitty" T-shirt when it was on sale on Black Friday and whenever I wear it people will start to sing the song.

    One show I want to see is this show that is called "Junior Master Chef" where all the chefs are kids.

    My cousin and I are having bets on which new comedy gets cancelled first. Yay for new shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl after my own heart! David and I adore #1, #4 and #5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to Modern Family! One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I haven't seen any of those shows . . . (we don't have cable or even rabbit ears) . . . However, The Big Bang Theory is on my "list" of shows to watch on Netflix, eventually.

    My Top 5 would have to be: Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock, Call the Midwife and Downton Abby. (All BBC, lol). :)

    ReplyDelete