21 June 2013

Running Playlist (Part Two)

This is a continuation from the running playlist post I did two weeks ago. Here are 7 more songs that I jam out to while on the trail. Tomorrow is my first race in over 2 years! It's the Riverfest 4K, and my goal time is 23:00. Let's hope I can do it!
This thing now has new purple headphones, but I was too lazy to take another picture.
(There are little music  players from Grooveshark below each song title; hopefully they all load for you.)

WARNING: Almost all of these songs have explicit lyrics, so click the players at your own discretion.

1. "Natalie" by Bruno Mars (2013)
Natalie by Bruno Mars on Grooveshark
Makes me laugh, and makes me go faster somehow (even though according to jog.fm the BPM would put you at a 13:48 mile, which is way slower than I run).  

2. "Love Like Woe" by The Ready Set (2010)
Love Like Woe by The Ready Set on Grooveshark
This song is just fun and fast. (6:48 mile pace! Which is sorta half that Bruno Mars song, so they go together, right?)

3. "Troublemaker" by Olly Murs featuring Flo Rida (2011)
Troublemaker (feat. Flo Rida) by Olly Murs on Grooveshark
Hey, this song even says "run as fast you can" in it! A good time to do, well, exactly that.

  4. "Evacuate the Dancefloor" by Cascada (2009)
Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada on Grooveshark
If you want dance-pop, Cascada is your girl.

5. "Backstabber" by Ke$ha (2010)
Backstabber by Kesha on Grooveshark
This is probably closest to my pace (or at least where I aim to be). 160 BPM for a 9:00 mile. I'm usually closer to 9:30 for longer runs, but I'm doing a 4K race tomorrow and in my practice for it a week ago I got under 9, so I hope this helps!! (If you want to hear more about my love/hate relationship with Ke$ha, there is this post from 2 years ago.)

6. "I Love It" by Icona Pop (feat. Charlie XCX) (2012)
I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) by Icona Pop on Grooveshark
Well, if you want to get technical, I actually have the "Glee" cast version, since I found that one for free. But this song is straight Eurotrash, and you know what? I don't care.

7.  "Love Is Marching" by BarlowGirl (2009)
Love Is Marching by BarlowGirl on Grooveshark
This is either a warm-up or a cool-down song, but it's super pretty.

Another 7, so 7QT it is! See more at Conversion Diary.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how a well-thought-out playlist can make all the difference on a run? I hope your race goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check some of these out. I'm a lazy bum if I don't have music for a run.

    ReplyDelete