|This was my first-ever attempt at it, back in 2008. I didn't sift the sugar in the icing, which is why it looks lumpy.|
|Yes, it is a pretty PINK on the inside!|
1 box of white cake mix
1 box of strawberry jello
1 cup vegetable oil
4 whole eggs
3 Tbsp. flour
½ cup water
6 oz. frozen strawberries (½ a box); cut fairly small (easiest to do while frozen)
For the icing:
½ box confectioner's sugar, sifted
3 Tbsp. butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Oil and flour your pan; this is best in a bundt pan.
2. Put dry ingredients together (cake mix, jello powder, flour)
3. Add oil and eggs, then water and strawberry pieces.
4. Mix completely. If using electric mixer, about 2 minutes on med/high. Mix until smooth and relatively fluffy (not gooey).
5. Bake in oven for about 1 hour. Cake tester or toothpick should come out clean.
6. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then turn upside down to get it out of the pan.
Icing is primarily based on taste and how sweet you want it. My mom usually tries for a glaze, which I love.
7. Melt about 3 Tbsp. of butter per ½ box of confectioner's sugar. Add melted butter to the sugar and stir until well-mixed and all the butter lumps are out.
8. Add milk to the mixture to the texture you want. Start with ¼ cup and add gradually. If icing hardens up, put in microwave to heat a bit, then add milk.
9. Spread icing over cooled cake, then decorate with jelly beans!