13 January 2015

5 Faves

I've been squee-ing about a few things lately (except for the fact that I'm pretty sure I've never actually squee-d in my life). Here are some of them.

1.
The Book With No Pictures
by B.J. Novak


If you have a child roundabouts the ages of 3, 4, or 5, get a hold of this book somehow and be ready for adorable belly laughs. Cora is in love with it, and has been asking to read "Booboobutt" every night. (Read it, you'll understand.)

2.
Vests


Where have these been all my life? Or at least the past 2 winters I've lived here in Snowtown, USA? I can't zip them any more, but I throw one of these puppies on immediately when I get home and my arms are happy and my core is happy and momma is happy.

3.
"Wood of the Cradle"
Yeah, yeah, Christmas season is over, I know. But we sang this a few times at church during the season (perfect communion song, no?), and I just loved it. Not sure if I've just never heard it before, or if I've just never paid attention. And now it's stuck in my head.

4.
fruit and veggie muffins for my picky toddler

These Fruity & Veggie Muffins have been a big hit around here, at least with the little one. This is the second time we've made them (and frozen half the batch to use later). Cora even helped me make them, telling me how she doesn't like broccoli during it. (My response: "That's okay, you don't have to like everything.") But of course Little Miss Picky scarfed them down once they became actual muffins.


5.
this photography book

My BIL knew I was getting a DSLR camera for Christmas, so he got me this book as an accompaniment. It's fabulous! (I had been trying to learn some stuff from schmucks on YouTube, which was seriously hit-or-miss. Mostly miss.) I still have a loooong way to go, but now I've at least heard of metering patterns and figured out how to change my white balance. Also, it's a photography book that includes lots of pictures and tells you the settings used to achieve them. Thank God.

Linking up with Jenna's #5Faves

6 comments:

  1. 1. I need that dslr book
    2. I have come to terms with the fact that I will be on a lifelong journey to find the perfect vest. I have so many, but I feel like I am lacking an everyday vest. Is that even a thing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fast does that hymn go? I've never heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard that hymn before, but the words are so beautifully moving.

    I'll have to check out that photography book! :)

    I'm glad Cora is eating something yummy and healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For those who want to actually hear the hymn, I like this girl singing it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88dBFX0FDg.

    ReplyDelete