29 June 2011

i heart freebies

I'm starting to get known in some circles as a freebie addict. I guess I always was, from all the free t-shirts I amassed in college (my friend bet me that I could go about 3 weeks wearing only free shirts--she was right), and my "free food radar" nose. I seriously can sniff out free pizza from half a mile away!

Now my freebie-hunting is mostly online.  Thanks to sites like Hip2Save (my fave deal site!), I am always finding freebies in the mail.  My favorites are still the food ones.  Here's a glimpse into some of the stuff I've gotten lately:


Suave hair-styling product; Glade air freshener, body wash, various magazines (my favorite is SHAPE!), Orville Redenbacher popcorn, Yoplait yogurt, sample fragrance from Victoria's Secret, some feminine items, Kirkland surface wipes, some snoring control stuff from Brez that I've threatened B with, various shampoo and conditioner samples, a mobile headset from 1saleaday.com, and some fiber powder.  Not pictured are some food samples that were immediately devoured upon receipt, including the incredibly yummy Raisels.

Oh, and since you asked, yes that is a Pilates DVD from Veria!


In addition, I signed up for a lot of birthday-club-thingies, and got a few freebies from that this past month.  Most required an additional purchase, so not all got used.  My favorite, however, was the $10 off $10 that World Market emailed to me.  I decided to get some nice chocolate and candy to satisfy my sweet tooth, and I walked out of there only paying 28¢ for $10 worth of products.  If there's one of these stores near you, I highly recommend signing up for their club.  You don't even need a card--you just punch in your phone number at the register.

I also started messing around on Swagbucks back in February, and have made over $35 in Amazon gift cards!  I cashed in about $6 worth and got this book in mail last week:
Oh yes, my trivia thirst is now being quenched on a daily basis.  I was even reading parts of it during the Jeopardy! commercial breaks, prompting B to chime in, "Wait are you reading trivia while watching trivia?!"  Okay, so maybe I'm a bit obsessed.  Also, I wanted to point out the correct possessive apostrophe use in the title.  Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac.  Everyone, please make a mental note.  Especially if your last name is Jones.

Have you gotten any awesome freebies lately?


p.s. If you've been thinking about joining Swagbucks, feel free to ask me about it!  And please use my referral link!

2 comments:

  1. I love freebies! That site is totally going to be my new addiction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty neat! I'll have to look into those websites. There is an International World store here where I live . .. :)

    ReplyDelete