In the meantime, I leave you with the weekly Milspouse Friday Fill-In.
|Linky at Wife of a Sailor|
1. What is your favorite MilSpouse blog (not including Wife of a Sailor who we all love, or your own)? submitted by Our Crazy Life
You're asking me to pick a favorite? This is really tough. I feel like there's about 10 that I really "connect" with in a way where I feel like I know them personally. I like Many Waters a lot because we have a similar story and both did our own thing out in the world (me: AmeriCorps; her: teaching in Asia) before we married into this crazy life. And her cats are really cute.
On this note, I've been looking for other bloggers in Pensacola and have yet to find any. If you know any, please tell me. I'd love to make some other friends here.
2. What are your favorite perks about your s/o being deployed (we all know there are perks)? submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife
Setting my own schedule and traveling -- I love accompanying my mom's business trips. I also can cook once and have it last a week. And in a weird way, I liked the not-getting-email ("blackout") part of the sub deployments. I wasn't constantly checking email hoping for it and then getting let down. I also couldn't blame B for not sending me stuff!
3. How long did you date your husband before getting engaged? Married? submitted by Utterly Chaotic
We dated just over 2 years before getting engaged, and got married right around the 3 year mark. The Catholic Church would approve.
4. What do you think your husband would do if s/he wasn’t in the military? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
Well, this will be answered by the end of 2012 since he's separating! He's already been contacted and started the process with a head-hunting/recruiter agency. He has a degree in Electrical Engineering from a school people dream of going to as little kids, so he'll definitely be doing some type of engineering.
5. If you could talk to the Secretary of the Navy what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families? submitted by My Life as His (Air Force) Wife
I'm having a tough time answering this one, especially because any changes now won't really affect us personally. Although--some may or may not agree with this--I think that your BAH should increase a bit based on how many dependents you have. I find it a bit hard to reconcile that we get the same allowance for just the 2 of us as someone the same rank with 4 kids. Granted, something like this would probably shoot us in the foot, as we bank a lot of BAH a month so they could just give us less. Ah, well, by 2013 he'll have a job that doesn't allot for that, and we'll just have to figure out how much we should be paying on our own like most normal people do.