25 September 2015

Highs and Lows

Lifelifelife. Infrequent blogging. Blahblahblah.

How about some recent highs and lows so you know the low-down? And the high-ups?

High: I have been walking during my lunch breaks most days. The weather has been bee-yoo-ti-fullll here, as we finally got some semblance of summer. I walk around the concourse at our minor league baseball stadium along with all the other sneaker-sporting office workers doing the same.



Low: 3-year-olds, amirite? I just can't even with this one. She's going through some definite three-nagerdom right now.
She's still pretty cute, though. I think I'll keep her.
High: Audrey is a dream baby. We moved her to her crib a few weeks back (which is upstairs while our master is downstairs), and it's like it wasn't even a thing to her. She's very close to crawling, and already does a creep-type thing. If I walk away for a few minutes, she's usually not all that close to where I left her. Childproofing may need to be a thing here again soon.
She's so happy!
 Low: I got suuuuper sick 2 weekends ago. It was a stomach bug thing that lasted about a day and a half (and no, I didn't even miss any work because that's just how I roll it seems). We had to miss out on going to the free day at the art museum. I guess there's always next year...

High: I had my first-ever review at work (I guess it's only annually around here?), and I got a raise! Hooray me. Insert "you like me, you really like me" meme here. There were some also some other long-term goals that my boss seems to be on board with that came up in that meeting. Like, things that could help my work/family balance actually be, well, balanced.

Low: My husband's courseload this semester is rough. We barely see each other because he's studying all the time. I also have to do Thursday nights all on my own since he has class until 9. (The Thursday thing was going to be a low, but those nights are going pretty well.) Our anniversary is next week so hopefully that will be a nice time to actually, y'know, talk to each other. If I wasn't nursing a baby, I was going to suggest a night at an (Amish!) inn about an hour away. Maybe next year. We're going to an indoor trampoline park instead (thanks, Groupon!). And then dinner or such.

High: Hubs got promoted to Lieutenant Commander last weekend! And I finally got to pin it on him (he had been at sea for his previous promotions). Another raise, too. :)
No more "railroad tracks" for this one!

And that's a wrap.

Thank you to Ana for the blog-spiration.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Three year old are so, so challenging. Lucia was actually pretty okay until she got to the second half of three and now there are SO MANY TEARS ALL THE TIME! Just, oof! Was NOT expecting that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...congrats on all your raises in the family! That's awesome!

    Yep..3 is hard!! I think Elsa has the whole threenager thing going on too. And Audrey is a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the infrequent blogging - I'm right there with you. Life just gets so busy . . .

    Congrats to your husband! And yay for you getting to pin on rank! That's always fun. :)

    Three is definitely a rough age, it's my least favorite so far, although three year olds can be so cute. And independent. Hang in there - four is an awesome age.

    Congrats to you on your pay raise too - that's wonderful!

    And Audrey is still so cute! :D The Lord knows what we need and when we need it. :)

    ReplyDelete