17 December 2010

millie fille holiday edition

I liked the questions this week, so I think I'll participate.

1.  What is the best gift you have ever received or given?
Hmm, I'm definitely not much of a gifts person.  But I'm super-excited about the Shutterfly book I made for my nephew this year (I got a free one for doing a review on TripAdvisor...awesome promotion).  It's all about him and me (he's 7, in first grade) and how much fun we have together and how much we love each other.  I wrote it so he should be able to read it himself, too.  As for given to me, I really do love the "someone in the Navy loves me" bear that B gave me back when we were dating.  I named it Windy then, but now we just call it "Bear."  B gets annoyed by it now because I sleep with my arm around it (it's really comfortable, what can I say?).  I've even washed Bear's clothes a few times.

2.  Do you celebrate holidays differently when your loved one is deployed/gone or do you keep tradition?
Don't be too jealous, but he's never been gone for the December ones.  He had to stay in Norfolk for duty a few times while we were dating/engaged, but I told him I wasn't breaking my traditions with my family until we were married.  However, I did do Easter a bit differently without him this past year.  And it's my favorite holiday, so that was hard but I had some good friends take care of me.  We're still building our family traditions anyway.  And since we're on shore tour and then he's getting out, I don't foresee having him gone for the big holidays now.

3.  If you celebrate Christmas, do you put an angel, star or something else on the top of your tree?
If you saw my post from yesterday, there's a picture of our angel ornament-turned-tree-topper.  My family always had an pretty angel, so that's what I want.  I only saw star toppers when I was shopping around this year, so I didn't buy anything.

4.  What are your three favorite websites?
Hip2Save - actually I just follow them on Twitter and hit it when I see something I want.  Through this site, I currently have 3 completely FREE subscriptions to Redbook, Whole Living, and Shape.  I've also found some other bargains and freebies.
Damn You Auto Correct! - I don't even own an iPhone, but sometimes my T9 texting makes me giggle.  This site makes me seriously laugh out loud every stinkin' time.  Also, in the same network of sites, Food Network Humor is a fave.  Even though I don't have cable any more, I still love me some Food Network.
Hulu - the reason that we don't have cable.  Our lives are so much the better for it.

5.  On your man do you prefer… boxers, briefs or boxer briefs? Or commando? 
I'd love to see him in boxer briefs, but I don't think it's ever gonna happen.  And I'm not gonna say what he does wear, because I don't think he wants me posting his underwear preference on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment